Sunday, August 17, 2014

The best pup

For this layout I didn't know where I was starting, just that it was going to be an 8 1/2 by 11 layout, my new favorite size.  I chose white card stock as my base as I pretty much always do and printed off two photos of our family pup, Tucker.  I'm trying to use up my supplies that I bought and then forgot about, like the rub ons from Studio Calico.  I used the woodgrain rub on and decided to frame it up into a bunch of slide frames from Crate Paper.  I absolutely loved the idea of breaking up one item into several different frames.  I then added a bold patterned paper down the right side where the frames would be.  Although the paper is bold and the woodgrain rub on is bold as well I don't feel it gets lost, I love the pop from each of the elements.  Here's a look at the overall layout:


I believe the cut files were from TwoPeas which is no longer in business (insert very sad face here) but Wilna Furstenberg has plenty of similar designs in her shop still.  I used watercolors and adhered them with hot glue so they would keep the dimension I wanted.


A closer look to see the woodgrain that I rubbed onto vellum for a soft look.  The adorable little flair was also a TwoPeas exclusive.  Seriously I don't know how I'm still going on without TwoPeas, I have no idea what website to use still for all my scrappy goodies.  I'm usually on Studio Calico's website for inspiration but the shop is limited there and I loved the setup of TwoPeas, all suggestions would be great!  Anyways....

Thanks for stopping by, hope you're feeling inspired!

Christine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love reading your comments :)